Hot Chocolate Lasagna
Dessert lasagna is a thing, and once you discover it, your kitchen will never be the same. We’re sharing our recipe for Chocolate Lasagna, the creative dessert creation that’ll have all your guests talking—and asking for your recipe. It’s a fun after-dinner treat that’s as sweet as it is pretty to plate.The prep is simple: It’s just crumbled chocolate cookies and butter for the crust.
For the layers, you’ll mix up one spread of cream cheese, sugar, milk, and whipped topping; then you’ll make a chocolatey topper made from instant pudding and milk. To finish it all off, you’ll add a layer of airy whipped cream and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips. This dessert couldn’t be more fun to make, or to eat! It’s lasagna as you’ve never had it before. Watch the video to up your after-dinner dessert game and make a sweet treat that your kids—and everyone else, for that matter—are sure to love.
- For Oreo Crust:
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 36 Oreo cookies-ground
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 (0.73 oz) envelops of instant hot cocoa mix (milk chocolate flavor)
- ½ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 (3.8 oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream (or 2 ½ cups whipped cream)
- Chocolate topping or Nutella for serving
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Number One, To make the crust place whole Oreo cookies with the filling in a food processor and ground in fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter and press the mixture in the bottom of 13 x 9 inches casserole dish. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm while making next layer.
- Number Two, To make Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer, beat softened butter and cream cheese with vanilla and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Number Three, In another bowl beat heavy whipping cream and instant milk chocolate powder until stiff peaks form. Fold half of hot chocolate whipped cream in cheesecake mixture, then fold in another half ( scrape well the bottom of the bowl to incorporate everything well). Then, spread over the crust and set in the fridge or freezer to firm.
- Number Four, For pudding layer in a bowl whisk instant chocolate pudding mix and milk until it starts thickening. Stir in mini marshmallows and spread over hot chocolate mousse layer. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Number Five, When pudding layer has set, make whipped cream. Beat heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream on top of pudding layer and place in the fridge for a few hours or better overnight.
- Number Six, Before serving scatter 2 cups of mini marshmallows over whipped cream.
- Number Seven, Serve drizzled with melted chocolate, Nutella or chocolate topping.
- Number Eight, Store leftovers in the fridge.
Hot Chocolate Lasagna is the best next day when it firms completely overnight in the fridge. You can make it 2-3 days ahead, but I suggest to make chocolate pudding layer without marshmallows, because marshmallows mixed in pudding became soggy after a few days in the fridge.